Before and After School Enrichment Clubs
Students can enroll in the After-School Art Club via Community School of Music and Arts.
Students learn to play chess in the library on Tuesdays and Thursdays before school from 7:45am to 8:30am. The Club Tournament starts in February. Our students also participate in the Annual MVWSD Inter-Chess Club Tournament in May.
The PTA sponsors CSMA Chorus instruction. At the end of the year in May, our students perform at Choral Fest at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View
Students design and program their own video games using Scratch. They also learn important gaming concepts while building racing games, mazes, and other fun games.
Students can enroll in the Drama Club via Peninsula Youth Theater.
STEM Club focuses on diverse science topics and computer science foundation concepts. Students will do a wide range of experiments and hands on practical work to get a deeper understanding of:
- Magnets, electromagnets, motors, generators
- Create a simple battery, learn how to measure current and voltage
- Experiment with different properties of light and sound
- Energy and water conservation
- Parts of a computer – understanding both hardware and software
- Binary numbers and how computers store information
- Creating art through computer programming
- Reverse engineering
- Web safety
- Programming with Scratch and CodeCademy
- What a computer looks like inside
- How to search efficiently
- How the internet works
- To make a website using Weebly
- Field trips to NASA, Intel, Google and Computer History Museum
Learn to play the Ukulele with instructors from Silicon Valley Ukulele Club
Students help design Theuerkauf's yearbook